Monday, February 16, 2009

Music...

When i was very young, music entered my life without me knowing it, thx to my mum.
Again, without me knowing it, it became part of my life which I can't afford to lose. It's been 9 years that music had played an essential role in my life. It became my partner, it became a solution to my bore and it sometimes gave me some answers to some tough questions. So it's quite obvious how important music is to me and I respect it.

Recently, I heard a news about my friend. Well. this friend of mine has a lot of history with me, however, all of them ended when I get to know something.

This friend is a she. All I can say about her is that she is fake. Fake in everything she does, too bad that I only realise it today, one of my biggest mistake. She is also a girl who will fight for everything just to achieve good results and this makes her quite discussting. ^^

So here it is...

As she is form 4 now, so am I, she is getting to worry about SPM.. typical bookworm..
She is planning what subjects to take in order to lead a better future. Now, there's a lame saying that we should at least get 13 subjects, in other words, 13A's. This will ensure everything in the future. And here they are, all the girls are worried. They started to wonder what addtional subjects they must take in order to reach that level. She, is not excluded.

She is in science class and all the subjects in her hand now is 11, 2 to go...
She wants to take Geografi, even though she doesn't really likes it... What's worst, she wants to take music... MUSIC.. For the sake of an A... MUSIC = A
I can't accept that, can you??

In my mind, music is a living thing that can be your friend or your teacher. It lives in you wherever you go. However, students nowadays take music as an additional subject just for the sake of an A. What a disgrace to music, what a humiliate to music... I just can't imagine how her mind thnks. It's quite sad to admit that our educational system has drived students to such a level. study because of "A"...

That's nothing more for me to say. What I can do is by hoping that she takes music because it's her interest....

4 comments:

Kae Vin said...

Well how do you know she's not sincerely loving music that she wanna make it a subject? Different people have different to express their love for things. I think it's better not to constrain something to our own definition.

Anyway, even if she's taking music for the result's sake, she has done nothing wrong in particular. Just like if you are a Christian, is it wrong for you to take bible studies in your SPM? You might say it's different but honestly I think they are quite similar.

Music is something so abstract that different people have different opinion about it. Pop singer could never conform to classical rules and a choir singer can never sound like a rock singer.

God created music so that we can have fun with it and enjoy it. He wouldn't want us to loathe one another because of music, would he?

Just my 2 cents. :)

Niel said...

2 consecutive posts abt girls, alarming signs eh?

I think i can understand ur feelings. them bookworms are reli hard to understand. bt hey, each for his/her own interest. so no hard feelings :D

to specialhuman: she seriously doesnt like music xD

hua sheng's opinion: malaysia's pendidikan muzik SPM is not easy to get A, esp the folio part.

Juicy Coutress said...

i noe...well...this is one sad fact....
ppl 2 juz bout anyting 2 achieve their own needs..etc...

lucas said...

yeap... it's quite a sad phenomena