Saturday, April 24, 2010

Looking back

Here ends the hectic life. What I love about such competitions is the outcome of it. In the whole process, hectic is something unavoidable and the result of it would be frustration or even the desire to give up.

The clock ticked at a same pace but who knows, it has been ticking since the Earth was formed. 3 weeks have passed. This time, I realise the hastiness and did try to negotiate with the time but the negotiation never took place. It still goes on like before. The first week was U.P 1, following by basketball and ping pong competition then debate competition.

For the first time in my 5 years of secondary life, I did prepare for U.P. I bore in mind that this year is SPM-year, ain't no kidding man. And so I studied with that reminder in mind. I got a a bearable result, 2nd in the class >.^. But then I realised that my friends around me were not slowing down in any way. They were fighting very hard to achieve victory for this coming battle. By knowing that, I felt blessed and honoured to be with them in the same class, at least they can be my pushing force.

After that, it's the basketball competition. Well, this didn't turn out so well. My teammates, 12 of them, didn't really have the heart for training. Well, maybe it's because the training is indeed tough but it's just simply ridiculous if you want to go for competition and yet you don't want to train. So, my mood for this competition wasn't that pleasant. As a way to fill my time with meaningful events, I trained myself, following with me were some of my fellow friends. Candidly speaking, I didn't had much nice time back then, maybe I did increase a bit in my basketball skills.

However, I emphasized a lot in the coming ping pong competition which is just one day after the basketball competition. I trained with Zhen Kai, Eric and Shao Han at the small house opposite my house. We also made our new T-shirt which I liked it a lot. We trained and trained and trained. In the process, of course we understood each other more. Overall I had a pleasant time during the whole training process.

After the ping pong competition, debate preparations owned my entire mind. By then, I was mentally tired. After all those trainings and competitions, I didn't have the will to continue on another sort of competition which needed ample time and preparations. And, this year, except from me, the other two speakers were "green" ones. The first speaker, Dania, was a form 1, the second speaker was Shantini. All of them didn't even know the rules or what to do. You want to know how things turned up to be like that? Well, let me tell you. Usually, there will be two reserves every year. So there were two last year whom will be in the front line this year. But, the two of them, Vivian and Mazrina, they backed out. They gave excuses like this year is SPM, very busy, very nervous kind of bull shit. I was VERY pissed off and it did affect my passion towards this debate competition. But, thanks to Shantini as she was indeed a very good companion, everything turned out to be very well. Though the both of us only had a week together, we talked together as if we were friends for many years. I liked talking to her and she I. We shared our problems to one another, shared our opinion and our likings. So after the competition, we became close friends. We enjoyed each other's company a lot, we even appreciated it. ^^ Never would I thought that I would have a girl friend so close and understanding. Hmmm.. It's nice talking to her.

Well, if you did notice, I was just mentioning the process of those competitions. So let me inform you the results of it.

Basketball- Didn't get anything
Ping Pong- Silver medal for team, Bronze for double and gain friendship
Debate- Didn't win but gained a true friend

So I guess for those three competitions, I enjoyed debate the most, though I failed to get the best speaker or the first or second place.

These are almost everything of these few weeks life.

No comments: