Saturday, May 23, 2009

When I just entered the church Y.P, I played the drum and I rock at it.. The pianist was usually Danny, he was good also. We had great times together. After about two or three years, he finished his SPM and wanted to leave for K.L. At that time, I was sad cause I would have to play the piano and not the drum, even if I play the drum, there won't be anyone to play the piano... So I was obliged to play the piano.. >.<

However, I din't blaim anything cause it was God's work..

My friend, Thomas, was interested in the drum. Well, fine, I thought him but it was a hard time as he did not get in touch with music at all... He knows little about the bits, tempo and timing.. And what's worse, these stuffs are very hard to teach, there are in you... So, you can see how hard it is. I can only teach him the theory part but he can't use it for regular songs.

I admit, at the first stage, I was frustrated. Can't believe it took so long for him to understand. I played a lot for him to see but he just can't do it.. At that moment, my mind was like :" Fine, I just play my piano.. Fine..." I was dissapointed cause no one can play the drum but I kept quiet..

Last night, we sang a song, Open The Eyes of My Heart. It was a great song proposed by Jerry. It's a new to all of us, even me. So, Jerry thought us to sing. I didn't know why, Thomas actually played well for this song! All the timing problem which he usually has, all dissapeared! He can even "row" with perfect timing and beat! Wow!!! Because of that, he enlighten the whole Y.P to sing.. Great!!

Later on, I played some songs for him.. Well, he did great!! Really!! Amazing.. I was very happy.. Kept smiling like never before. It seems like I have now a band of my own.. hahaha..

Me= Piano, drum, violin or bonggo
Thomas = Drum
Brandon = Guitar
Kanggo = bonggo, piano ( coming to be )

Great!!! I am really happy with this.. All we need to do is work harder and we could perform and serve our God with our best!! Gambateh, my friends!@!!!

2 comments:

kk said...

u knew so many musical instruments huh??
wahhh..so good~

lucas said...

ah?? ahaha.. ntg la