Friday, March 16, 2012

Update

---Week 3----
I have been here for almost a month. Nevertheless, not a day has passed without me thinking how is everyone back at Nibong Tebal. I miss you all a lot. I am very proud and honoured to have a group of close and good friends. Though between us there is a long distance, none of us failed to keep in touch with the other. We often update ourselves with each other's events and stuffs. Maybe two, or many, is better than one. Sometimes when I am bored or feel a little lonely, they are always there, in my heart. It seems like distance isn't a problem after all. ^^
University life is indeed very nice. People here have many fresh ideas. Creative and innovative. I guess that're the fundamental criteria of a university student. Yet, I still wonder, do I, now, look like a university student? You know, being physically small does mislead people to think that you are childish or whatsoever. But the funny thing that happens here is, friends of mine keep saying that I look old (mature would be a nicer word to describe). Honestly, I am glad and okay with it because people take you seriously when you look mature or serious to them. More and more I get to know that I resemble a lot of my father, more towards the quiet and serious side. My friends here can go really crazy and let go everything and they do urge me to do the same but I fail to convince them that I have already let go everything and I am fine right now. This leads to another problem which lately does trouble me. You see, there are many people in this world, thus the variety of liking and attitude. However, the majority of the population does have a mutual point: a lot of them love alcohol. Now, I am not trying to judge or point my finger to anyone. This is only a personal thought and it shall be so. These few days, my friends invite me to join them to the club and get some drinks. It is quite costly, given my current financial status. I do not agree with the idea immediately but of course, I am open for opinions and discussions. Then, there is good friend of mine who kind of lecture me about all these stuffs. According to him, if my memory still serves me right, clubbing and alcohols are like a tool to be sociable as well as to get to know more people. It is the best way to get to know more people and get yourselves more friends who, in return, will benefit you in times to come. Well, I do agree with that idea as my brother and father are doing so too. Being sociable is sometimes very important for certain criteria of people. Then I ask him, don't you feel uncomfortable after drinking it? He says yes, of course. According to him, people don't really like to drink. They just drink for the sake of drinking it, cause it is alcohol. That's when confusion strikes me. Since it is not nice to be drank, why force yourself to do it just so to get more friends? And, since most of the people agree to the fact that beer or some alcoholic beverages are unfriendly to our tongue, why do the world recognise drinking as a social event? I am sure there are much better beverages to be chosen. When I think about this, I judge myself to be immature and stupid. Great poets and warriors of the past see drinking as a way to inspire them or to prove that they are the better man. But, it is still not nice to drink, right? Why drink it then? Drinking something which you don't like but treat it as an act of champion doesn't sound right. It resembles the human nature of committing sin when we know pretty well that it is wrong. Just like what the great Paul said, it is hard to do good things and so easy to do bad things. People are clear that alcohol doesn't taste good, bad for health and very very expensive but just for the sake of it, they drink and brag about it.
This is the part that I don't agree. If alcohol is the main tool of entertainment, then a person with that life should be very monotonous. I do hope that my failure to grasp the definition of this whole clubbing thing will not tag me as someone who is anti-social or weird. I just have my own way of thinking. I always do.
Let's see what is in stored for me at week 4.

4 comments:

Thomas said...

gud....u have ur stand...dn lose it...dn low down urself and stuck in the public thinking..

lucas said...

wah ong... thx such comment.. i shall not let you down

felix said...

i m the kind who avoid drinking. even if i nid to, i will make sure its ok to drink. enjoy life n gain exp. likes the keep in touch part. enjoy life.

lucas said...

you are cool man..