Thursday, September 18, 2008

pray

Pray... It is important. Let me tell you a story about me.....
I remember my results during the Ujian Penilaian 2 which was a month ago. Honestly, those numbers made me hated myself. They were terrible!!! I can't believe my own eyes. Even my strongest subject, Science, I fail to achieve good marks. How embarrassing. All my classmates got good results except for some Malays ( 50 is their best results ). How I wished I can just found somewhere to hide my result but unfortunately, I wasn’t allowed to do so. Everyone came asking for my result as I usually get good result in my Science.
I can’t lie nor can I ignore them. I had to admit my failure. And so I said reluctantly : “ 60… that’s all…”
Instantly they walked away without trying to comfort me or do something that would made me felt much better. Again, I was humiliated. I can’t say anything because this world is base on this concept : survival of the fittest. In that situation, I ain’t the fit one. Thus, I can just maintain silent but deep down in my heart I vowed to regain my usual result as well as my pride.
Fortunately, I was a man of my word. I worked hard, very hard. I did a lot of exercises. Everyday I kept revising my Science without neglecting other subjects.
Not long after that, another challenger arrived- PMR Percubaan. This challenger is no ordinary challenger like that one before. Yet, I was ready and full of confidence. “ I will get back my result. I will be back!” These few words was in my heart every time I took out my Science book.
Before the exam day, I prayed to my best friend as well as my protected- Jesus. I prayed and prayed and God gave me this
“ I cry aloud to the Lord, and he answers me from his holy hill. Psalms 3: 4”. After reading this, I prayed again. I begged for a better result this time and after that, I slept.
The next day, I entered class and get ready for the exam. Not long after that, my Science teacher entered my class and immediately gave out the exam papers. Without hesitation, I took my pen and started answering the questions……
After a week, the same teacher entered into the same class. This time, she was here to distribute our Science paper. I was nervous. Will I fail again? Will I fail again? And then the teacher announced that there was only five students who achieved an A for their Science.
Oh my!!! Am I one of them? Or am I not?
“Pelajar pertama, Khalish, Kiren, Wong Yoke Pei, Blake Lim…… Lucas…
Tahniah kepada pelajar-pelajar tersebut”
Those were the words that make me jump out of excitement. How happy I was!!!! Finally!!! The other students looked at me with an admiring expression. I was very very happy!!!!!
What I can say is, thanks, Lord……

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen. but u ain't no man yet =.=